Its spring time which is my favourite time of the year for many reasons! The main reason being Spring Racing Carnival. Its the third consecutive year that I have been blessed to be invited to Melbourne to mingle with the best of them. Here is a list of things to keep in mind this season, your ultimate Spring Racing Survival guide
1. Practice different hairstyles with your fascinator (preferably before the big day). I often change my hair three times before I decide one is right for the size and shape of my fascinator.
2. My must have essential clutch items, compact mirror, mini perfume, bandaids and bobby pins.
3. Choose lashes that balance well with your fascinator, for example last year on Oaks day I wore a huge statement fascinator with some modest short individual lashes and on Derby day I wore a small simple headpiece with heavy black statement lashes (1000 hr Black Vogue is my choice).
4. Always carry a good quality finishing powder, if you are anything like me you will not want to fill your bag with heavy makeup but trust me when I say that you will need to re-powder throughout the day and there will be lots of photos! (I love prep+prime translucent powder by MAC).
5. It can be hard to feel and look fresh right through the day so ensure you have prepped as best as possible the day before. Get a professional spray tan as it is daytime and any streaks will be very noticeable in the bright day light. Tint your brows so that if your brow pencil wears off throughout the day you won't be brow less! (I love 1000hr eyelash and brow dye kit)
6. Choose a fresh fruity spring scent nothing too heavy for this time of the year, the air is fresh enough! (I am obsessed with Victoria Secret Angel at the moment, it will be my spring scent).
7. Don't be afraid of bold lip colours but apply them properly so that they last all day and don't bleed. Apply lip liner on the outline first and then colour in the rest of your lips, then use a translucent powder over the lipstick to set it for the entire day. (also don't forget to take your lipstick to re apply at some stage).